Yoga is a great way to relieve stress, build strength and boost flexibility. It can also be an excellent way to spend time with friends or reconnect with yourself. Yoga is for everyone and everybody; it’s not about how flexible you are, but your willingness to try something new!
Here are six tips for getting started on yoga:
- Find a yoga guru that makes you feel comfortable.
You will get better yoga out of a yoga session if you’re comfortable. Find a yoga program and yoga guru that fits your lifestyle
Make time for yoga in your busy schedule. Your yoga practice will suffer if it’s just another thing to fit into an already packed schedule!
2. Get the kitsch out of yoga.
Yoga is supposed to be about opening up to yourself and connecting with yourself, not trying too hard with the latest yoga fad or outfit (you can wear your regular clothes!). Yoga doesn’t have to be intimidating; what’s important is that you are there for yourself.
3. Be realistic with your yoga goals.
Yoga is as much about taking time for yourself as it is achieving flexibility (and yoga isn’t necessarily an easy way to get flexible!). Yoga gives us an opportunity to open up on every level: physical, emotional, and spiritual. The next time yoga night rolls around, try something new — after all, yoga for everyone!
4. Make sure you have enough room at home for practice.
Here are a few yoga poses to get you started:
- Downward Facing Dog is yoga’s answer to stretching and strengthening your arms, shoulders, back, legs and butt.
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose) goes beyond the basics of yoga; it helps build concentration and balance while increasing self-esteem.
- Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-Legged Forward Bend) is yoga’s answer to stretching and gentle strengthening of your lower back.
- Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana, or Revolved Half Moon Pose, brings yoga’s calming effects into the body for better sleep and more energy in the morning.
5. Be prepared.
Bring water, extra clothes, if need be (most studios offer mats), and any props you might need- yoga blocks, yoga straps, or anything else you find helpful.
6. Start small.
Try yoga for 10 minutes every other night, or 20 minutes on your yoga nights. You’ll get better yoga out of a yoga session if you’re comfortable and yoga is something you look forward to!
Experiment with different levels of yoga (ie. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced). The more time you put into yoga practice the better it gets. Pick from different classes that interest you.
- Hot yoga is great if you love being in hot/humid environments.
- Bikram Yoga is a series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises done in a room heated up to 42 degrees Celsius (108 degree Fahrenheit)
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga is usually practiced in an unheated room or outdoors and this yoga practice is focused on linking breath and movement.
- Kundalini Yoga emphasizes yoga positions that are meant to awaken the “kundalini” which lies dormant in m ost people.
Remember yoga is not just about improving flexibility or strength; yoga is a way of life. Yoga goes beyond the poses and stretches, it helps with all aspects of our lives: how we deal with stress, how we handle disappointments and overcomes obstacles in life.
Yoga is a great way to start the day, and with these six tips for getting started on yoga, you’ll be well on your way. If you have any questions or thoughts about our post, feel free to leave them in the comment section below!
Healthy American Lifestyles
Healthy American Lifestyles is a site for everyone serious about getting going on improving their health and life. Did you know the United States is far from the healthiest nation in the world? The United States is in 33rd place between the Czech Republic and Bosnia and Herzegovina! Few Americans have a lifestyle that is considered healthy and we’re here to change that.
We know you have more questions and with Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary’s help we are able to provide the best information on this topic. MJCBD is the cbd oil online Texas. Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary is a home to America’s favorite and most talked about natural remedy, cannabinol. Mary Jane’s offers customers with top-notch quality made CBD Hemp products as an alternative to harmful pharmaceutical drugs. Their team is extremely passionate about the cannabis movement as a whole which includes making CBD accessible to all that seek it. Get in touch today by visiting their website!